Friday, December 10, 2010

Month #2 Quick Update!

Hi everyone,

It has been chaos with the holidays so this will have to be quick.

So far so good, still taking the pills, just had my MRi for the month and go to see Louis next week.

Last time I saw her I decided it was time to get a Handicap sticker for the car. It is only temporary but it will help in the winter when the parking lots are wet and slippery. It has come in handy already! Used it a few times at the mall & Costco, as well as at Wicked! You wanna roll handicapped hang out with me! No but really it will help since I am not so stable.

Completely separate or maybe not I had another ye scare the day before Turkey Day! I went in to go see the Ophthalmologist to see if my nerve damage in my right eye was getting better. He did the test and although it is still there and I still need to wear the prism my eyes don't go all googly when I am not wearing my glasses.

So while I was there I told him I was noticing "floaters" in my left eye! They look like hair or things in your eyesight but it's something else. Come to find out due to my severe nearsightedness and possibly my MS I have a degeneration of my Viscus early. It normally does not happen until your 50 or so. Basically the Viscus is attached to your Retina. As you age it started to disintegrate and pull away from the Retina. It can cause floaters and usually go away. However if the Viscus sticks to the Retina it can cause a tear or hole! That is bad! Well the Ophthalmologist thought I had a hole and I had to go see a Specialist. He confirmed that I did not have a hole and explained all about the Viscus.

I went on with our weekend and had a follow up last week. If I start to notice more floaters or other weird things I need to go in ASAP so that we can make sure i don't have any issues. A tear can be fixed with a laser and very little recovery. A hole is worse! I would need surgery and will be out for at least a month for recovery. Not very happy about that!

So only a month left of the trial then I don't know what happens next. I will find out next week I;m sure. I hope everyone is having great holidays so far. Holla at me if you have questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment