Friday, February 11, 2011

And so it begins....

Hi everyone!

So let me catch you up on what has been happening on the non-MS front first!

We will begin with Turkey Day.... I noticed some floaters in my eyesight. Thought nothing of it, but come to find out I have a very common occurance, only problem is it happens to people at about 40 or so not 30! The sack that is inside your eye is removing itself away from my Retina. My Opthamologist thought I had a hole in my Retina. Went to a specialist and it was just the shape of the floater. Have gone back a few times and everything is progressing properly. No tearing! I have a follow up in March.

Next would be me twisting my ankle @ work a week before Christmas! Fell on some ice and totally jacked up my ankle! Still recovering, no ice skating for me anytime soon.

Then good news! I am officially off the prism! It started to get better the day before New Years Eve! I was in the bathroom getting ready for work. Rodney was in the shower. He asked me for a towel and when I went to look at him, I only saw one of him! Phew.... I did not have my glasses on at the time. I ran into our room, ripped off the prism & holy smokes, I onlysaw one dresser, one tv, one cat! I had to wear it a few times after that but have been prism free for over a month now! Hoping to get back in to contacts soon but right now the glasses will have to do!

So after great news, come more bad news... Have I mentioned I am clumsy??? We went tubing with Lauren & Kevin. Had a blast! Until I ruined things. After about 2-2.5 hours I was just not paying attention. I went down the slope, when I got to the bottom I zoned out thinking I wanted a new tube. Well I did not move out of the way and here comes Speedy Gonzalez Rodney and he knocks me on my head. Oops! Went to the doctor, no concusion, just a good ol case of whip lash and a contusion... Got some drugs now I am feeling better!

So that is my life, so now on to the study!

Finished up the 3 month study a few weeks ago. So now I begin my 2 year journey on the next one. I will be acually taking the pill but we aren't sure of what dosage. I am on my last day of sitting at the doctor's office so they can check my bp and ekg me every 2 hours. So far so good. Great thing about this study is that I only have to get tests every few months instead of every month! I will try to stay more abreast on updating this thing I am going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment