Yes, it has been a long time since I updated. Summer was busy! Before I start updating on the Drug Trial I have joined, let me inform you of my summer.
As you know I work at a pool store. Summer is always busy but I did get to enjoy some fun time; including 4th of July up in Oscoda, camping at Kevin's cabin and vacation in Alaska! It was fun, however I experienced a relapse 4 days before we left. I could nto go get the steroid drip so as of today I have very little feeling in my left arm. Made catching fish difficult! I tried in between my bouts of nausea and making my own chum!
Summer is over now so hopefully the stress will lessen and cause me to heal. I am still experiencing the nerve damage in my right eye so I still have the prism to correct my vision. I am driving quite a bit now but long distances and night time are still out. Frustrating the hell out of Rodney but he is coping.
Now, onto the Trial. This last week was full of Dr.'s appointments. I saw 6 different doctors last week.
My week started with meeting Louise, the head of the trial. She went over everything so I knew what I was getting myself into. I signed pages and pages of paperwork. I have a 8 in 9 chance of getting the bill and 1 in 9 of the placebo. Surprisingly diahrrea is not an issue that can happen with the pill. After I met with her I had to take a Neurology exam by "blind doctor" Dr. Visser. Blind does not mean blind but he didn't know me from Jane and could make a non-prejudice exam on me. He had the bedside manner of a piece of wood.
That takes me to Friday. I had 4 tests to take.
I started with a CT scan, never had one but it was quick and painless! There are times when I had to hold my breath so they could take pictures of my lungs.
Test #2 was a Pulimary test. That is where I get to sit in a box and breathe into a tube. That took about 45 minutes. Many of the exercises were repeated so she could get a good sample. I have great lung function!
Test #3 I'm not really sure what it all was. It was at the Opthomologist. Best part of that was the lady who brought me back had dark purple Chucks! She put the drops into my eyes to dialate them then left me in the doc's office. It was about 45 minutes later when the dr. showed up! Pretty sure I took a nap. He took some pics of my eyes then I was done, what a waste of time!
Test #4 was my fav, MRI time! Luckily they only took 4 pictures. However it took them awhile to figure out my IV. The tech who was in charge had never put in an IV. I needed the IV because they could not move me once I got into the machine. The IV was easier to inject the dye in. That only last 45 minutes!
Once those tests were done, we headed to the Cantina for dinner & margaritas. We needed them!
Monday was another day at the Doctor's. I had to get a couple of item attached to my body to check my heart rate and other body functions. I got those little sticky things with wires like they give you with an EKG. Had to leave that on for 24 hrs. Took it off this morning! It was a bitch to sleep last night. At the same time she put what looks like a huge bandaid on my boob. It measures my heart rate. I have to leave that on until Thursday. I have a little receiver I have to have within 30 ft of me at all times. Looks like a huge beeper. It blinks a green light so dark colored clothes at work.
My last exam as preliminary stuff is Thursday. I have to go to the dermotologist. Just gonna check my skin and will check it again once I am done with the trial to make sure nothing weird is going on with my skin.
Tha is it for now. My next big appt is Oct 4. We go over my results than set up the day to take the first pill. If I looked at the schedule correct, after my first dose I may have to spend a few days at the doctor's office all day!!! Boring!
If you have any questions let me know. I will update more often. Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment